The rights statements and underlying infrastructure of rightsstatements.org have been designed to work internationally in many languages. At the moment our rights statements are only available in English. If you are interested in working with us on translating the rights statements please contact us at email@example.com. Translations of the rights statements need to be produced in line with our translation policy which you can find on our Documentation page.
The rights statements have been translated into the following languages:
- Estonian - Translation partner: Wikimedia Eesti, reviewed by Estonian Photographic Heritage Society
- Finnish - Translation partner: IDE and The Prime Minister’s Office’s translations services, reviewed by HH Partners
- French - Translation partner: Bibliothèque nationale de Luxembourg and Musée national d’histoire et d’art Luxembourg, reviewed by Bibliothèque nationale de France
- German - Translation partner: Prof. Ellen Euler, reviewed by Ilja Braun
- Polish – Translation partner: Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center, reviewed by Polish Society of Authors and Composers (ZAIKS) and National Film Archive – Audiovisual Institute (FINA)
- Spanish - Translation partner: Museo del Cine Pablo Ducrós Hicken, reviewed by Safe Creative
- Hindi - Translation partner: National Digital Library of India and Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur of India, reviewed by Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha of India
- Lithuanian - Translation partners: the National Library of Lithuania and the Professional Law Partnership iLaw, reviewed by the Baltic Audiovisual Archives Council (BAAC).
- Dutch - Translation Partner: PACKED Centre of Expertise in Digital Heritage. Reviewed by IP Squared.com and Beeld end Geluid.
- Italian - Translation partner Marina Cotugno, Juliafoto. Review by Antonella De Robbio, Coordinator of Gruppo di studio Open Access e Pubblico Dominio (GOAPD) at the Associazione Italiana Biblioteche, and Andrea Zanni, MLOL.
Translations under public review
As described in our translation policy, every draft translation is published for a public comment period of 4
weeks. If you wish to review a draft translation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the language that you wish to review.
We will give you access to the system we use for this purpose so that you can complete your revision. The feedback from the public comment period will be addressed by the translation partner together with the reviewer(s).
There is currently one language open for public review:
Ongoing translation efforts
There are currently 5 translation efforts underway:
Applications from new translation partners should be sent to email@example.com.